- This event has passed.
Acadia Puffin Cruise and Landscape Photography
August 16 - August 20
New this summer and fall! Eco-Photography workshops in and around the Schoodic Peninsula in Downeast Maine. In collaboration with Schoodic Institute, I’ll be leading workshops to give you the opportunity to take images of our beautiful landscapes, while simultaneously demonstrating how several local and regional groups are helping preserve and protect our fragile environment. I’m a Nikon professional nature photographer, and local gallery owner. Through presentations, and experience, you’ll leave with a greater understanding of what’s being done and what more needs to happen to help safeguard and restore our regional ecosystems, and we’ll all have fun doing it!
PRICE REDUCTION!!! Now $1200 per person. Discounted group rates available. Note* — If less than three people register, the workshop will be canceled, and you will receive a FULL refund.
Friday — Arrival, orientation
Saturday — Puffin cruise, Schoodic Institute presentation, photo review, late-day landscapes
Sunday — Tidal Falls, Frenchman Bay Conservancy presentation, photo review, late-day landscapes
Monday — Ocean Drive (Acadia NP), Friends of Taunton Bay presentation, photo review, late-day landscapes
Tuesday — Departure
Your fee includes:
- Lodging on the beautiful Schoodic Institute campus
- Meals (B,L,D) at Schoodic Institute cafe
- Acadia Puffin Cruises in Workshops 1 & 2
- Birding hikes with Seth Benz in Workshops 3 & 4
- Daily image review sessions
- Basic photo instruction
- Basic Photoshop and Lightroom lessons
- Daily presentations from representatives of local conservation groups
- Lobster dinner at week’s end
- Six person maximum