Community

May 29, 2022

Schoodic Signals: Jack Pine

by Catherine Schmitt Do you know the Jack Pine? The southernmost Jack Pine woodlands can be found in Acadia National […]

Read More
May 22, 2022

Schoodic Signals of Biodiversity

by Shannon O’Brien and Catherine Schmitt Today is the International Day for Biological Diversity. Here on the Schoodic Peninsula, we […]

Read More
March 14, 2022

Five Years of Crowdsourcing Biodiversity Data

by Seth Benz At Schoodic Institute, we believe that science is for everyone, and that everyone can contribute to science. […]

Read More
January 13, 2022

2022 Acadia Winter Festival

Update: Friday’s events have been cancelled due to a winter storm watch. WINTER HARBOR – Schoodic Institute at Acadia National […]

Read More
September 16, 2021

A new outdoor classroom

by Megan Moshier, Director of Sales and Operations Thanks to a grant made possible through the Maine Community Foundation, we […]

Read More
September 9, 2021

BioBlitz Thursdays at Sieur de Monts

A BioBlitz is an event that focuses on finding and identifying species within a certain area within a particular time. […]

Read More
July 30, 2021

All About Arsenic project adapts during the pandemic

by Bill Zoellick Karen Bieluch of Dartmouth College and I recently collaborated with Anna Farrell, Jane Disney, and others on […]

Read More
July 21, 2021

From Clamflats to Committees: Shellfish Co-management in Maine

by Sophie Chivers I had just started my freshman year at College of the Atlantic when I first heard about […]

Read More
July 19, 2021

Schoodic Institute Intern Talk Series

by Hannah Webber Summertime flies! Over the next few weeks, our interns will be wrapping up their projects and sharing […]

Read More
July 7, 2021

What’s happening on the clam flats?

by Bill Zoellick and Sophie Chivers On Sunday, June 6, fifty people came down to the clam flat at the […]

Read More